Sunday, January 2, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!!

I haven't posted for a while, I am way behind.  My last post was all about diet and exercise...ummm...more to come on that later.

We just finished a busy Christmas season around here.  I was especially busy during December trying to make my gifts thoughtful and as many homemade as I could.  In October I purchased a new sewing machine.  My old one (that is in storage) I have had since 1974.  It was the first thing I purchased after becoming a full time employee at the bank.  (I was making a cool $1.90 an hour)  This one is a fantastic new Viking Embroidery machine.  I found it on sale at a great discount!  It is way cool, and I have been learning a lot this past couple of months.  I know I should have taken pictures of all my projects, but somehow that didn't happen.  I did get a new camera for Christmas, so maybe I will figure out how to post pictures to enhance my ramblings.  Anyway, this past couple of months I have made:

Christmas Stockings



11  Christmas stockings
8  Christmas pillowcases
4 pairs of Christmas jammies
3 personalized aprons
2 sets of monogrammed towels
2 appliqued onsies
2 bags
1 appliqued t-shirt
1 flannel nightgown (with a matching one for Addie's new American Girl Doll)


Addie, Noah, Drew and Luke in their new jammies

I may be forgetting some, but you can see I have been busy and having a lot of fun!  I hope to post more often this year.  I hope I have fun things to post about.  To all my readers, (all 3 of you) Happy New Year, lets hope 2011 is great for all of us.

 Julie

2 comments:

Christy said...

yes fiqure out how to post pictures. i want to see the new machine and the projects you make.

The Zobells said...

I'm impressed. You always were a great seamstress!