Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Every Damn Day!

A while back I saw a guy at the gym with a Nike T-Shirt that said "Do It!" on the front and "Every Damn Day" on the back.  He is so right.

A few months ago I was following that mantra.  I was exercising 6 days a week.  I was following a sensible diet and lost a good chunk of weight.  I dropped a couple of sizes and was in the best shape of my adult life.  However, when I saw the wedding pictures I was disappointed in how I looked.  In my mind I was much thinner.  I do remind myself that it could have been so much worse.  What a scary thought.  It was my plan to lose another 25 lbs.

But, alas, I have failed.  After we came back from the wedding in June things got crazy, I got lazy (it is hard to exercise in Dallas in the summer, even if the gym claims to be air conditioned).  I slowly returned to my terrible, unbalanced eating habits.  I held my weight steady for a while, but it has started to creep back up.

So I have started again.  I am on day 2 of my diet.  I exercised yesterday, but I didn't make it today.  I woke up feeling crappy and I am afraid I'm getting the flu that is bouncing around the household.   I had planned on getting a walk in, but soccer practice, grocery shopping, and sticky floors got in the way. 

So why tell you all this?  Writing it down makes it more real.  It makes me accountable. 

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Christy said...

inspiring julie, it makes me want to go back to chubby church and give it another go.
hugs