Monday, January 17, 2011

Creative Juices

 
My New Machine Doing It's Thing

I have been busy with my sewing machine this month.  There is much to be learned and I learn best by doing.  So all of these projects were first attempts.  They went mostly well, just don't look too close!  I thought I would share with you some of my latest projects. 

I made some Burp Cloths for my new Grand-Niece, Grace.    They were made with pre-folded diapers (yes they still make those) and flannel.  I pre-washed the diapers and fabrics since both shrink.  I hope Grace and her Mommy enjoy using them.




I also did a personalized applique on an apron for my sister Suzanne's 29th birthday. 





My daughter-in-law Amanda had a January birthday too.  She is a very talented photographer so I made her a camera bag with matching strap.  (Does the fabric look familiar?) It was a tedious project, lots of details, but really fun.  I hope she enjoys it.




Hopefully I will be sharing some new things soon.  Right now I an unable to create, my new machine seized up on me yesterday in the middle of a project.  Let's hope they can get it fixed soon!

I welcome comments and criticism.  I hope to be making some of these to sell soon.  Feedback on suggested pricing would be appreciated.  Julie





6 comments:

The Zobells said...

Thank you for the apron and burp clothes. They were so cute. I am amazed at the camera bag. You really are very talented. Good luck with the new machine.

Lisa Haws and family said...

Okay.... I'll totally be "ordering" some burp clothes for you for my next baby shower. I would think that 3 for $20 for personalized burp clothes would be a good price point. What about a scripture tote? The cheesy one I got last year from Deseret Book is totally ripping. I want a flat bottomed one for my scriptures that are the standard size... not the gigantic print one or the tiny microscopic ones. What would you charge for something like that? You should just make a bunch of different things and just see how they would sell.

Old Pa said...

Since my machine has gone to be repaired, with no promises on when I will get it back, I am going to borrow Erin's machine and work on some bags (totes, purses)that I have the fabric for already. I cannot do any personalization until my machine comes back, but I have 3 or 4 bags to make, along with some smaller "zip bags". I have enough to keep me busy for quite a while. Hopefully I will be able to sell some of them.

Christy said...

AMAZING!!!!! hope the machine gets repaired soon. That camera bag would sell easily for over $100. Try selling your goods on etsy.com. Great job julie

Steph B. said...

Julie,
Thank you so much for the burp cloths! They are so cute! I am so amazed at your wonderful talent! Many would pay a good price on etsy for them or any other projects you have done!

Nama said...

I love the camera bag! It arrived on my birthday, and it's been just great! Thanks!